Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It

For the first day of school, I make these little puzzles for the kids to do when they get to their desks. I got these at Oriental Trading. They come whole and white. I just used Mr. Sketch markers to color a design. Some years I have used Sharpies too. Next, I break each one apart and put each one in an envelope with the student's name on it and put it at their desk.This is a good icebreaker too as most all kids love puzzles. As you can see, they are all different. I always hear students asking table mates, " What does yours say?" 
So



So you can see that it does not take too much time to do this and it' s inexpensive as well.

4 comments:

  1. Are these puzzles the 24 piece puzzles from Oriental Trading? I was looking on the website for them and the biggest puzzles I see that look close to yours are 24 pieces, is that correct?

    Thanks, love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea, and they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I've done the puzzle activity before but I love the idea of personalizing the puzzles! Thanks for sharing!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete